We are an independent, non-denominational church that stands under the authority of the Word of God, the Bible, as our rule of faith and practice. Someone once put it this way:
“Where the Bible speaks, we speak; where the Bible is silent, we are silent”
Therefore at Envoy Church you won’t find a man-made, written creed which we impose on people. There are no “articles of faith” which we require everyone to accept. However, as we have studied the Bible and walked with Christ, we have come to believe and teach:
- That God is the Sovereign Creator of the universe who cares personally for man as his Heavenly Father
- That Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God, who died for our sins, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven, and will someday return in judgment
- That the Bible is God’s inspired Word and is the divinely authoritative standard by which Christians live
- That man, because of his personal sin, needs to be made whole and restored to fellowship with God through Jesus Christ
- That any person can become a Christian as was done in the Bible, namely by trusting in Jesus as Savior and Lord and validating that faith through personal repentance, public profession, and water baptism by immersion
- That the Holy Spirit dwells within each Christian as a comforter, counselor, and encourager, and gives gifts for abundant living and assurance for eternal life
- That the Church is the body of Christ composed of all born again believers around the world. It is identified locally by ministering congregations, such as Envoy Church.
Envoy Church is not an ecclesiastical institution, service organization, or religious party – it is people. We are committed to being no respecter of persons. The church is for everyone – young or old, rich or poor, male or female, black or white. We turn away no seeker after God. Therefore, our members come from a variety of backgrounds and doctrinal persuasions, but we have oneness in Christ that binds us together in a love so strong that it does not allow us to be separated over differences of opinion or interpretation of scripture. Long ago a Christian coined this phrase:
“In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things love”
It is our desire to unite on the essentials of the Bible and to give loving freedom in areas of opinion. We do not claim to be a perfect church. Rather, we are a fellowship of the imperfect, desiring to grow into the perfect image of God’s Son, Jesus Christ.
We Gather Every Sunday
at 9am & 10:45am
2025 N. Murray Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80915